Monday, March 30, 2009

New Additions

Despite the fact that hubs and I are trying to hunker down budget-wise, there were a few new additions to our household this weekend. All very budget friendly:


This framed photograph was actually free. It was part of the Malen Framing gc we used to get the SXM print framed a couple weeks ago. The gift certificate comes in a display frame so the gifters have a tangible thing to supply the giftees, and they'll insert a photograph of choice into it at no charge. (note, it's not a typical frame where this service consists of lifting the braces and the cardboard backing and putting the picture in. It's more involved and the back is a sealed paper art-like back) We chose our favourite wedding photo and it's on the wall you first see when you walk into our master bedroom:




I picked up 2 of these along with a nice white & green bowl I forgot to photograph on Friday while killing time on a work errand. They were only $3 each and after seeing similar ones in a TYH give-away, I'd been semi-looking for some. They haven't quite found a permanent home just yet, but there are lots of choices, so we're just deciding:
I found these iron (or something) letters at HomeSense for about $4 each on Saturday and snatched one of each of hubs and my initials. They now reside on the wall to the left as you walk into our master (opposite the new photograph):
Also at HomeSense (dangerous place..I should never go there) I picked up these 2 containers. I'd been looking for some white ginger jars for a while, and they had some ceramic ones along with a large selection of shapes and sizes of these. I don't really know what they're made of--kind of melamine or something, so far less fragile. After WAY too much consideration, I finally decided to go the less-breakable route and narrowed it down to these 2:


I definitely need to stop going shopping and I have a few new favourite stores (BouClair Home anyone?) where I could do some serious damage. But there's just so much out there and with places like HomeSense, you have to actually go to the store and can't just look online. Recipe for disaster if you ask me :) Not that I mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment